Tourism or Parjatan Place of Kushtia with Video | English Printing View

Important Tourism Information of Bangladesh

 

Tourism or Parjatan Information of Kushtia, Bangladesh
by md. abidur rahman | parjatanbd | A Home of Tourism
Information Managed By - Shamima Sultana  | শামিমা সুলতানা
 

Description AboutTourism or Parjatan Place of Kushtia  | কুষ্টিয়ার পর্যটন বা ভ্রমণ স্থান সম্পর্কে বর্ণনা

From this page, tourists will be able to know about the travel information of Kushtia district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is a hyperlink of an informative video which will give a clear idea about the place by watching the video and they will become interested in traveling.

Tomb of Baul Emperor Lalon Shah
 Baul emperor Lalon Shah is sleeping in the Chheuria area of ​​Kumarkhali near Kushtia city. He was born in 1871 BS in the village of Bharra in Kumarkhali of Kushtia district. The Baul emperor passed away on 1 Kartik 1298 BS, English on 16 October 1890 and was buried here. After his death, his disciples built Lalon Akhra here. The present mausoleum of Lalon Shah at Chheuria was built in 1973. Every year on Dol Purnima (March-April) and on his death anniversary, millions of devotees gather at Lalon Akhra. At this time the folk fair including Sadhuseba and Lalons song lasted for three days.

 

Mir Mosharraf  Hossains  House
Lahinipara in Kumarkhali upazila, 6 km from Kushtia town and 2 km from Chheuria, is home to Mir Mosharraf Hossain, one of the best novelists of Bengali literature. He was born here on 13 November 1847. Kabirs house currently has a primary school, secondary school and a library. There is nothing left of the poets house now. The mango tree associated with the poets memory also died a few years ago. This place in Lahinipara can be reached by own vehicle or rickshaw-van from the city.

 

Shilaidaha Kuthibari
About 12 km away from the district headquarters is the historical house of the Jorasanko Tagore family at Shilaidaha in Kumarkhali upazila, which is associated with the memory of the poet Rabindranath Tagore. Khorshedpur was the name before Shilaidaha. Before the Jorasanko Tagore family bought the village, there was an indigo factory here. It was built by an indigo planter named Shelley. As a result of the combined flow of the Gorai and Padma rivers, the village is named Shelidah from a deep daha or whirlpool. Later it took shape in Shilaidaha. In 1808, by the will of Ramlochan Tagore, Rabindranaths grandfather Dwarkanath Tagore took possession of the zamindari. Rabindranath first came to Shilaidaha in November 189 to take care of the zamindari. During his adolescence and youth, the poet used to come here to look after the zamindari and stay in the house. At one time the house was demolished due to the erosion of the Padma, but the house was demolished and a new house was built. In 1891-1901, the poet used to stay here regularly at short intervals. It is known that while sitting here, the poet composed his immortal works Sonar Tari, Chitra, Chaitali, Kotha O Kahini, Kshanika, Naibedya and many other notable works including Kheyar. Sitting here, the poet started the English translation of his poem Gitanjali in 1912.

The two-storey house is inside a green tree garden on an area of ​​about 11 acres. It has a total of 15 rooms including the central hall on the ground floor and second floor. The pyramid-shaped roof above the two-storey building made the building even more spectacular. A government-run museum has now been set up at Shilaidaha Kuthibari. The museum is open from 10 am to 6 pm every day except Sundays and Mondays of the week. Closed on Sundays and Mondays until 3 p.m. On the 25th of Baishakh, the birth anniversary of the poet and on the 22nd of Shravan, various ceremonies were organized at Shilaidaha.

 

Hardinge Bridge
The largest railway bridge in Bangladesh is over the Padma river in Bheramara upazila of the district. Its construction started in 1980 and was completed in 1992. In January 1915, the first experimental train ran on the bridge. The Hardinge Bridge was later inaugurated in March 1915. The construction of this 1.6 km long steel bridge cost about 3 crore 51 lakh 32 thousand 175 taka at that time. During the war of independence, its twelfth span was broken by a mortar fired by the Pak army and fell into the river.

 

Lalon Shah Bridge
 Along with the Hardinge Bridge, the Lalon Shah Bridge is located on the Padma River at a distance of about 300 meters. The bridge, which is about 1.6 km long and 16.1 m wide, was inaugurated in 2004. It was named after Fakir Lalon, the Baul emperor of the region. Due to climate change, the bridge has a dhu dhu shelf in winter. Pramatta Padma in the rainy season. As a result, different tastes will match in this place at both times.

 

Jhaudia Shahi Mosque
The mosque is located at Jhaudia village, about 6.50 km west of the Kushtia-Jhenaidah highway, about 21 km from the district town. It is said that during the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the mosque was built by Shah Ahmad Ali alias Adari Mia, the zamindar of Zhaudiya. With four minarets in three three-domed quadrangles, this mosque is a marvel of Mughal architecture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome