অবসর সময়ে ভ্রমণ করুন ও দেশ সম্পর্কে জানুন - পর্যটনবিডি.কম
Description About Tourism or Parjatan Place of Rangpur
From this page, tourists can be informed about the travel information of Rangpur district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination now there is a hyperlink of an informative video through which watching the video will give a clear idea about the place and they will become interested in traveling.
The old mosque is located behind the Rangpur Judges Court in the city. Keramat Ali Jainpuri, the 35th descendant of Hazrat Abu Bakr, the first Caliph of Islam, came to Rangpur to spread Islam. After his death, the mosque was built in 183 adjacent to the shrine. Built in the Mughal architectural style, the three-domed mosque is rectangular. The front mosque has been expanded, leaving the old mosque completely intact.
The college was established in 1917 on the initiative of local zamindars like Gopal Lala Roy Bahadur, Mahima Ranjan Roy, Annada Mahon Roy, Babu Mani Chandra Roy, Surendra Chandra Roy and others to spread higher education in the region. It was named after the then Governor of Bengal, Lord Baron Carmichael, and he inaugurated it. You can spend some time touring the shady campus of Carmichael College.
The zamindar house is located in the village of Tajhat, about six kilometers from Rangpur city. Manna Lal, a jeweler, was the founder of the Tajhat zamindari. He came to Mahiganj in Rangpur in the late eighteenth century for business reasons and started building a building. The building was destroyed in an earthquake in 1897 and he was injured and later died. Gopal Lal Roy Bahadur, his adopted son, took charge of the zamindari and started the construction of the present building, which was completed in 1918. The front staircase of the palace was made of white stone imported from Italy. The whole building has 26 rooms. The lovely marble fountain in front of the building still exists today. After the abolition of zamindari system in 1952, it came under the Department of Agriculture and an Agricultural Training Institute was established here. During the war of liberation a lot of valuable assets of Tajhat zamindarbari were lost. In 1985, a bench of the High Court was constituted here. Later, in 1986, the Tajhat zamindar house was converted into a museum. The Rangpur Museum was renamed. The museum has 300 valuable artifacts. The summer schedule for visiting the Rangpur Museum (April-September) is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mid-day break from 1pm to 1:30 pm. In winter (October-March) it becomes from 9 am to 5 pm. 1 hour to 1:30 minutes break. The museum is closed on all public holidays, including full Sundays and half-days on Mondays. The entrance fee for Bangladeshi and foreign tourists in this museum is 10 and 20 rupees respectively.
The house of Begum Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain, a pioneer of womens awakening, is in Payrabandha of Mithapukur police station of the district. In 2001, the government established the Begum Rokeya Memorial Center here. A full-length portrait of Begum Rokeya made of bronze has been placed on an altar here.
A tourist center located at Gazipur village, a short distance from Rangpur-Dinajpur highway, about fourteen kilometers from Rangpur city. This is the first planetarium in the country. There are lakes, gardens, childrens parks, resorts and much more across the vast desert.
This ancient mosque is located on the Rangpur-Mithapukur road, half a kilometer north-west of Mithapukur upazila. The three-domed mosque is surrounded by a thick wall. Above the main entrance in front is a dochala arch in the architectural style of Bangladesh. It is known from an inscription placed in the mosque that Sheikh Mohammad Aser, the son of a Sheikh Mohammad Sahib, built the mosque in 1126 AH i.e. 1810.
Acquisition of memorial pillars
Acquisition of a memorial pillar on the Dhaka-Rangpur highway at the modern corner of the city. A portrait of Bangabandhu is placed on the top of the pillar. The vast history of our great liberation struggle is depicted in ceramic murals on the front and back. The mural depicts the events from Bangabandhus speech on March 7, 1971 to the victory of Bir Bangali on December 16.