Travel at leisure and learn about the country - parjatanbd.com
Description AboutTourism or Parjatan Place of Noakhali
From this page, tourists can be informed about the travel information of Noakhali district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is an hyperlink of an informative video which will give a clear idea about the place by watching the video and will make them interested in traveling.
The Birshah Ruhul Amin Memorial Museum is located at Ruhul Amin Nagar (formerly Bagpachara) village in Sonaimuri upazila, about 25 km north of the district headquarters. This immortal martyr of the war of liberation was born in this village on the 1st of February 1934. A museum and library have been set up here by the government to commemorate his contribution to the war of independence. Any bus from Noakhali Sadar to Sonaimuri can reach the Upazila Sadar by rickshaw or baby taxi.
Gandhi Ashram is located at Jayag village in Begumganj upazila, 30 km north of the district headquarters. When communal riots broke out in the greater Noakhali district in July-August 1947, Mahatma Gandhi rushed there to establish peace. Gandhi came to Jayag in 1948. At this time the local zamindar Hemant Kumar Ghosh donated all his property to Mahatma Gandhi and he established the Ambika Kaliganga Charitable Trust there. However, it came to be known as the Gandhi Trust.
From the beginning, Gandhi Trust has been working for the welfare of the people of the area. At present the ashram has some of the items used by Mahatma Gandhi and a sculpture of Gandhi. Any bus from Noakhali Sadar to Sonaimuri will have to get off at Jayag Bazar and go to the ashram half a kilometer away from there by rickshaw.
The mosque is located at Bajra village in Begumganj upazila of the district. This rectangular mosque is made of brick. It has four towers at the four corners and three entrances on the east wall. There are entrances on the north and south walls. The middle of the three mihrabs on the west wall is relatively large. The middle of the top three domes of the mosque is large. According to the inscription on the main entrance, the mosque was built in 1641-42 by an Amanullah during the reign of the Mughal emperor Muhammad Shah.
According to the Bengali and Persian inscriptions on the walls of the enclosure and on the inner wall of the mosque, Khan Bahadur Ali Ahmed and Khan Bahadur Murjar Uddin Ahmed, the zamindars of Bajra, renovated the mosque between 1316 and 1335, i.e. 1911-1927. Originally the mosque was covered with plaster. During the renovation, the entire walls of the mosque were carved with pieces of porcelain. The location of Bajra Shahi Mosque is within walking distance of any bus going from Noakhali Sadar to Sonaimuri in front of Bajra Hospital.
Hatia upazila in the southern part of Noakhali district is a small island at the mouth of the Bay of Bengal. Ballar Char, Kamlar Char, Char Osman and Char Muri are the four main islands and small chars with an area of about 14050 acres. The island is about nine kilometers long in the north-south and seven kilometers wide in the east-west. The Bangladesh government has developed coastal forests here. In 2001, Nijhum Island was declared a national park. In 1974, four pairs of Chitra deer were first released from the Sundarbans in this forest.
From that lineage spread to the present forest. The number of deer is more than 10 thousand. Chitra deer cannot be seen roaming so close in the Sundarbans as there are no ferocious wildlife. Apart from this, various birds are seen on the island throughout the year.