Tourism or Parjatan Place of Naogaon | English Printing View

Important Tourism Information of Bangladesh

Tourism or Parjatan Information of Naogaon District
by md. abidur rahman | parjatanbd | A Home of Tourism
Information Written and Managed By : Shahina Akter  | সাহিনা আক্তার
 

Description AboutTourism or Parjatan Place of Naogaon 

From this page, tourists will be able to know about the travel information of Naogaon district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is an hyperlink of an informative video which will give a clear idea about the place by watching the video and will make them interested in traveling.

 
Small Jamuna
The small beautiful river Chhota Jamuna flows by the side of Naogaon city. The river originates in Jalpaiguri, India and joins the Atrai River northeast of Rajshahi. The river used to be very big but now it has become very narrow.
 
Cannabis Society
During the British rule, Naogaon Sadar area, Mahadevpur and Badalgachhi were famous for cannabis cultivation. Naogaon subdivision was formed under Rajshahi district about 120 years ago with these three police stations and other police stations to facilitate cannabis cultivation. The present building of the Cannabis Society is one of the oldest structures in the city of Naogaon. The Naogaon Cannabis Growers Co-operative Society Limited, established during the British rule, had a major role in the development of the region. The oldest building of the Cannabis Society is located in the heart of the city.
Dubalhati Zamindarbari
About five kilometers away from Naogaon Sadar is the residence of the non-existent zamindar Jagatram royal family. Built in the early nineteenth century, the zamindar house is now in a state of disrepair due to lack of maintenance. Built in brick-surki, this house has Surma Palace, Durga Temple, Rangmancha. The main building of the house has at least one hundred rooms. Apart from this, the main attraction of the zamindars house is the carved verandah, stained glass ornaments and various sculptures.
 
Bolihar Rajbari
It is located in the village of Balihar, about seventeen kilometers from the district headquarters. It is known that the zamindars of Balihar acquired jagir from Emperor Aurangzeb and built various establishments in the area. Balihar Rajbari is one of them. However, due to lack of protection, the zamindar house is in dilapidated condition at present.
 
Kusumba Mosque
Kusumba Mosque is a significant archeological site in the village of Kusumba in Manda district, about 35 km from Naogaon district headquarters. Another name for it is Kalapahar. According to the Arabic inscription on the main entrance of the mosque, the mosque was built in 96 AH, i.e. 1556-59. Towards the end of the reign of Sher Shah Shuri, a Sulaiman Mosque was built during the reign of Sultan Ghiyasuddin Bahadur Shah. The mosque was severely damaged in the earthquake of 1897. The inner and outer walls of this brick mosque are covered with stone. The mosque has three entrances on the east side and one on the north-south side. There are two mihrabs on the west wall. There is a high platform in the north-west corner. It is believed that high-ranking members of the society used to perform prayers here. The arches of the mosque are full of carved stone designs. You can reach Kusumba Mosque by bus from Naogaon.
 

Paharpur
Paharpur Buddhist Monastery is located in Paharpur village of Badalgachhi police station in Naogaon district. Another name of this monastery is Sompur Bihar. Its distance from Naogaon city is about 64 kilometers. This long-buried Buddhist monastery has been discovered several times as a result of archeological excavations. It is known from history that Dharmapala, the second king of the Pala dynasty, built this monastery and temple between 60 AD and 621 AD. Over the ages, its ruins have been covered with mud and turned into huge mountains. And this is why it is called Paharpur. It is considered to be the largest Buddhist monastery in the south of the Himalayas. Spread across 922 feet to the north and south and 919 feet to the east and west, the monastery is surrounded by 16 chambers 14 feet long and 13 feet wide. It is believed that Buddhist monks lived in these rooms. To the north of Bihar there were 45 rooms in one row and 44 rooms in the other three rows.

The central temple is the center of the open space inside the Paharpur Buddhist monastery. The height of the ruins of this temple is about 21 meters on an area of ​​about 26 square meters. The temple is cruciform and descends in three steps. The walls of the temple have various terracotta folk paintings. There is a museum with various artefacts found during the excavation of Paharpur at the entrance of Paharpur complex. Its winter schedule is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is closed on Mondays full day, Monday half day and other holidays. Paharpur Buddhist Monastery is a 322nd UNESCO World Heritage Site. In 1975, it was included in the World Heritage List. The distance from Naogaon to Paharpur is about 32 kilometers. Baludang of the city

 
Yellow Bihar
Halud Bihar is an ancient archeological site located in Bilasbari Union of Badalgachhi Police Station, 18 km north of the district headquarters. Remains of various ancient Buddhist installations have been found in this village locally known as Dwipganj. After the declaration of the area as a protected area in 1986, the Department of Archeology conducted excavations here in 1984 and 1993. As a result, a 5.8 meter long square foundation was exposed on each side. From the various specimens found as a result of excavations, experts believe that Halud Bihar is contemporary with Paharpur and Sitakot Bihar.
 

Jagaddal Mahavihara
Jagaddal Maha Vihar is located in Dhamuirhat upazila of the district. It is one of the most important structures built during the reign of the Pala kings. It is known that Jagaddal Maha Vihara was built during the reign of Rampal (106-1120). Archaeological excavations in 1997 uncovered parts of the ancient Buddhist monastery.

From Baludanga bus station in Naogaon, you can take a bus to Dhamuirhat Upazila Sadar.

 
Bhimer Panti
Another ancient monument in Dhamuirhat upazila of the district is the Garuda pillar, locally known as Bhimer Panti. The pillar was built for Vishnu in the 10th century AD during the reign of Pala king Narayan Pala. Built of black stone, the upper part of the pillar is broken, where there used to be an eagle statue. It is known that the statue broke at some point due to lightning and the pillar tilted slightly to one side.
 
Mahisantosh
Archaeological site located in Patnitala upazila of the district. It is said that a saint came to this place on the back of a fish. To the people he became known as Mahiswar. The name of this place is Mahisantosh after his name. On the other hand, the place was named after the first Mahipala. There is an ancient tomb and the ruins of a mosque. In addition, there are two ancient large ponds in the area.
 
Dhivar Dighi
Dhibar Dighi is another place of interest in Patnitala upazila of the district. In the middle of this tank there is a divine victory pillar. In the twelfth century, the Pala ruler defeated Mahipala II in battle and excavated the dighi as a symbol of the victory of Kaibata king Divyak and erected the victory pillar in the middle of it. The height of the stone pillar is 31 feet 6 inches. The lower part of the water is 25 feet 5 inches. From Naogaon Baludanga bus station, take a bus to Dhibar Dighi in Patnitala, Nazipur and from there take a rickshaw to Dhibar Dighi.
 

Patisar Kacharibari
The house of world poet Rabindranath Tagore is on the banks of Nagar river at Patisar in Atrai upazila, about 26 km from the district town. The Sadar Kachari of Kaligram Pargana of the zamindari of the Tagore family of Jorasanko was here. Rabindranaths grandfather Dwarkanath Tagore bought the zamindari in 1830. Rabindranath himself first came to Patisar in 1891 to look after the zamindari.

The two-storey Kacharibari in Patisar is very similar to the Kuthibari in Shilaidaha and Shahjadpur. The wide open field in front of the house extends up to the Nagar river. In 1905 he established Patisar Krishi Bank. In 1913, the poet established the Kaligram Rabindranath Institute in Patisar. During his stay here at different times, the poet wrote some significant literary works of his life. When the zamindari was divided in 1921, Patisar fell to Rabindranath. But due to various engagements, communication with Patisar decreased. The last time he came to Patisar was in 1936. There are many relics of the poet preserved in Rabindra Kacharibari at present. Every year on 25th Baishakh Kabirs birthday, various programs and folk fairs have been held here for many years.

অবসর সময়ে ভ্রমণ করুন ও দেশ সম্পর্কে জানুন - পর্যটনবিডি.কম

 

 

 

Welcome