Travel at leisure and learn about the country - parjatanbd.com
Description AboutTourism or Parjatan Place of Phirojpur .
From this page, tourists can be informed about the travel information of Phirojpurj district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is an hyperlink of an informative video which will give a clear idea about the place by watching the video and will make them interested in traveling.
The zamindar house is about three hundred years north of the district town. Most of the buildings of the zamindar house including the nahabatkhana, the guest house and the theater have been almost destroyed. The Kali Mandir of this zamindar house built in 1857 has a Shivling weighing about 25 manas.
The 200-year-old Momin Mosque is made of wood at Akan Bari in Burirchar village of Mathbaria upazila of the district. This mosque is a preserved antiquity, rich in exquisite wood carvings on the inside and outside of the entire mosque.
Sriramkathi Pranab Math and Sebashram are located in Bhimkathi village next to Sriramkathi Bazar in Nazirpur upazila of the district. Sarat Chandra Mitra came from Barisal and started practicing medicine and settled in this region. It was here that he built the Sriramkathi Pranab Math and Sebashram on top of about three bighas of clothes.
Zamindar Surya Bahadur Vajpayees residence is in Jiangar upazila, about 16 km from Pirojpur city. The house is now on the verge of destruction due to lack of maintenance. Surya Bahadur Vajpayee is rumored to be the ancestor of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the former Prime Minister of India.
Swarupkathi is one of the busiest ports in Pirojpur district. At present its name is Nesharabad. Guava is the most cultivated area in Bangladesh. Mile after mile of guava orchards in the Aghar-Kuriana area here. Indurhat port is on the other side of Sandhya river opposite Swarupkathi.
Pirojpur Canadian Mosque
Pirojpur Central Jame Mosque is about 220 years old located in the heart of the city. In the beginning, the mosque was made of wood and a canopy of golpata. Later, in 1894, the mosque was completed. Next to the mosque is the grave of a man named Yasin Sardar. It is known that he was the founding servant of the mosque.