অবসর সময়ে ভ্রমণ করুন ও দেশ সম্পর্কে জানুন - পর্যটনবিডি.কম
Description AboutTourism or Parjatan Place of Chapainawabganj
From this page, tourists can get information about the travel information of Chapainawabganj district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is an hyperlink of an informative video which will give a clear idea about the place by watching the video and will make them interested in traveling.
The river Mahananda flows past the town of Chapainawabganj. The one-time madness Mahananda is now dead, but its beauty still fascinates. There is a Mahananda bridge over the river near the city. During the mango season, many boats from far and wide gather at the police station wharf every morning. The market started very early in the morning and ended shortly after dawn. As a result of the development of the road system, the number of boats in this market is decreasing day by day.
The mosque is located on the west bank of Khaniyadighi, about a kilometer away from the Sonamasjid land port on the east side of the road. This brick mosque has one dome. The huge dome is located just above the prayer room. The mosque has a verandah outside the main prayer room. There are three doors to enter the prayer room from the veranda. There are three mihrabs on the west wall of the mosque. The main arch in the middle is bigger than the other two. The whole mosque was once covered with terracotta. Something still exists to be destroyed. No clear information has been found about the construction period of Khaniyadighi Mosque. However, judging by the architectural style, historians believe that it was built around 1480 during the later Ilias Shahi period. To the east of the mosque is the ancient Khaniyadighi. That is why it is so named. The mosque is also known as Jabibi Mosque.
Darsbari Mosque is located on the other side of a large pond a little west of Darsbari Madrasa. According to the inscription of this mosque preserved in the Indian Museum, Calcutta, it was built by Shamsuddin Abul Muzaffar Yusuf Shah in 1479 AD. Its exterior measures 34 meters in length and 20.7 meters in width. The inside is 30.3 meters long and 11.6 meters wide. The roof of the mosque collapsed long ago. The ruins of the collapsed front porch are still present. Featuring medieval Bengali architectural features, the mosque has two parts, a front verandah and a main prayer room to the west. Its roof collapsed long ago, with stone pillars standing inside. The mihrabs on the west wall of the ornate mosque still survive as witnesses of the times. Prayers are not performed in Darsbari Mosque now. It is a nominal preserved structure of the Bangladesh Department of Archeology.
The Sonamasjid is located on the west side of the Sonamasjid, about three kilometers from the land port, on the west bank of a huge pond a little further inland, as well as three ancient installations. The southernmost of these is Tahkhana. The building had several rooms. The foundation of the building was made by laying the foundation from the inside of the dighi on the east side of the building. Exact information about its construction period is not known. However, it is rumored that Shah Shuja, the son of Emperor Shah Jahan, built the building in 1755 for his residence. According to some, Shah Shuja built this building for his Pir Shah Niyamt Ullah who lived in Gaur area.
Adjacent to the Tahkhana is a three-domed mosque on the north side. There are low walls around an open courtyard on the east side of the mosque. In the middle of the east wall is the entrance with arches. The mosque has three entrances on the east wall and one each on the north and south walls. There is no exact information about who built the mosque. However, it is rumored that Emperor Shahjahan Shah donated a property with an income of five thousand rupees a year to Niyamat Ullah. He occupied the property for 33 years and built the mosque with the surplus from his income.
The small Sonamasjid, known as the jewel of Sultani architecture, is located on the east side of the main road from Tahkhana. The architectural features of this mosque are very interesting. The mosque was built by Majlis Mansur Wali Mohammad bin Ali, according to an inscription on the main entrance. The exact date of construction of the mosque is not known as the letters with the date of construction have been removed from the inscription. However, since it bears the name of Sultan Alauddin Hussain Shah, it is thought that the mosque was built sometime during his reign (1494-1519).
The main building of the mosque is rectangular. Outwardly 25.1 m to the north-south and 15.9 m to the east-west. There are five entrances on the east side and three on the north and south walls. There are five semicircular mihrabs inside the west wall along the entrance to the east wall. There are two tombs on a stone platform on the east side of the mosque. It was not immediately clear who was buried here. However, according to historian Cunningham, the tombs belong to Wali Mohammad, the builder of the two mosques, and his father Ali. There are two modern tombs in the south-east corner inside the mosque premises. In one of them is buried the greatest Captain Mohiuddin Jahangir
On the way back from Sonamasjid to Chapainawabganj, Kansat, the largest mango market in the region. Mango bikinis are sold in this market from morning till evening. Mango farmers have been gathering here since morning from far and wide by bicycle or rickshaw-van with mangoes. You can visit the market.
Adi Chamcham of Shibganj of the district is famous for a long time. Shibganj was under Malda district of Gaur, the capital of ancient Bengal. At that time several Moiras lived in Shibganj. Although most of them left for India after the partition of the country, those who remained have retained their original occupations. Each of these original spoons of Shibganj Upazila town weighs from 200 grams to 1.5 kg. And the price is 120-150 rupees per kg.
The popular songs of Chapainawabganj are serious. In the role of grandchildren, the two artists highlight various contemporary issues of song, dance and acting. Nana wears a lungi, a beard and a stick in his hand. The grandson is wearing a torn vest and shorts. Both of them have heads on their heads and towels on their waists. After the evenings in the winter and mango seasons, there are still serious gatherings somewhere.
The small Sonamasjid on the Indo-Bangladesh border is located at the entrance to India from the land port. It is named after the Persian synonym Kotwal of the city police. It is known that the city police was engaged in defending the southern part of the ancient city of Gaur. There are holes in the east and west side walls of the entrance. These are thought to have been used to shoot arrows at the enemy. At present it is almost destroyed. There is no way to see the Kotwali door in general. Sonamasjid can only be seen from a distance by standing at the land port. Because it is part of India.
Khaniyadighi is an almost ruined mosque located one kilometer south of the mosque. The north and south walls of the mosque and the stone pillars inside still survive. The roof and east walls were completely destroyed. This brick mosque is rectangular. There is no accurate information about the construction period of the mosque. However, considering the construction style, this mosque was also built in the late fifteenth century during the Iliasshahi period.
The ruins of an ancient madrasa on the west side of the Sonamasjid land port. There were forty rooms in this square installation of about 55 meters length. The 41.5 m courtyard was surrounded by 3 m long square rooms. While cultivating near a mound, farmers found several brick walls and inscriptions. Later, the foundation of the madrasa was discovered during an experimental excavation by the Department of Archeology in 1984-85. According to the inscription, the madrasa was built by Sultan Alauddin Hussain Shah in 1506. Darasbari means learning center. This Darsbari has been transformed into Darsbari over time.
Shrine of Shah Niyamit Ullah
The building on the north side adjacent to the mosque is the shrine of Shah Niyamt Ullah. The enclosure wall of the tomb area covers an area of about three bighas. There is an entrance on the south wall. From here, take a paved road and go to the mausoleum. There are several stone tombs around the monument. Shah Niyamat Ullah, a native of Delhis Karnaul province, was a pious man. It is said that he had a strong inclination towards travel. While traveling, he came to Gaur area. Shah Shuja was then the subaddar of Bengal. Shah Shuja was fascinated by the meeting of Niyamat Ullah. Then he started living in this place. He died here in 184. However, no exact information is known about who built the monument on his grave.
Chapainawabganj Sadar, Nachol and Gomstapur upazilas are inhabited by different tribal communities. Among them Santal, Orao, Rajowar, Rajbangshi, Bagti, Mohali are notable. Agriculture is the main occupation of these plains tribes.