অবসর সময়ে ভ্রমণ করুন ও দেশ সম্পর্কে জানুন - পর্যটনবিডি.কম
Description About Tourism or Parjatan Place of Mymensigh
From this page, the tourist can be informed about the travel information of Mymensingh district. Which will come in handy in their travels. Not only this, with the name of each travel destination there is a hyperlink of an informative video through which the video will give a clear idea about the place and they will become interested in travel.
Home of Maharaja Shashikanta Acharya in Mymensingh. Maharaja Shashikanta built the Surma Palace on the banks of the old Brahmaputra River between 1905 and 1911. It cost about 11 lakh rupees at that time. There are more than a hundred rooms in this palace. All the furniture was made by Chinese craftsmen some of which still exist. Some of the lighting equipment of that time is still visible in the house. The round pond inside the house was for women to bathe. Their changing house is on the bank of the pond. The ghatala of the pond is made of marble stone. At present the condition of Shashi Lodge Palace is dilapidated. Although the occupants of the house have removed many items, there are still some old-fashioned traces. The house has been used as the only female teachers training college in Bangladesh since 1951.
Gauripur Lodge is another Surma establishment in Mymensingh city. It is a building made of wood and iron. There are more than twenty rooms in this house. The house was built by a rich man named Brajendrakishore Roy Chowdhury.
Mymensingh district was established in 18. Maharaja Suryakanta Acharya built this building in 189 at a cost of Rs 45,000 to celebrate the 100th founding anniversary of the district. It was popularly known as the Iron Factory. Some say that the building was named Alexandra Castle because of the portrait of Alexandra, the wife of King Edward of Britain. Alexander Castle. It is currently being used as a teacher training college. It is known that many prominent people have entered this house. Among them were world poet Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi, Lord Curzon, Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das, Maulvi Wazed Ali Khan Panni, Nawab Sir Salimullah and others.
Zainul Abedin is one of the brightest names in the industry of Bangladesh. The museum was established in 1975 in Mymensingh. The museum was set up with about 70 works of art by the artist, but in 1982, 18 paintings were stolen. Ten of them were rescued in 1994. At present, the museum has 53 works of art by Shilpacharya.
Bangladesh Agricultural University is located on the west bank of the old Brahmaputra river, about 3 km south of Mymensingh city. Founded in 1985, the universitys huge campus of about 1,200 acres is quite spectacular. The size of the campus is so large because of the agricultural land, farms, etc. used for practical education. There is a sculpture called Vijay 71 at the entrance of the campus.
Kazi Shimla Daroga Bari and Bichutia Bepari Bari are two places in Mymensinghs Trishal that are associated with the childhood memories of national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam. Nazrul, a fatherless boy, saw a hint of talent in him and was brought from Asan-Sol in West Bengal by Rafizullah, Qazi Shimla of Trishal. Rafizullah used to work as a police inspector in Asansol. Nazrul dropped out of school and worked in a tea shop. At the beginning of 1914, Daroga Rafizullah brought him to Trishal and admitted him in 8th class in Darirampur High School. Nazrul continued his studies from Darogas house.
Kazi Shimla Daroga Bari was later built as a Nazrul Memorial Center. While studying at Darirampur school, Nazrul was a jagir teacher for some time at Bichutia Beparis house. He was in Trishal for about a year. Nazrul University has been established in Trishal to commemorate the memory of the poet. Trishal is located about 100 km by road from Dhaka, 20 km before Mymensingh.
The zamindar house is located in Muktagachha upazila, about 18 km from Mymensingh city. It is known that the house was built by zamindar Hariram. Harirams two sons Ramakanta and Krishnakanta died childless. Gauri Kishore was the grandson of Krishnakants uncle Vishnuram. This Gauri Kishore had two sons, Bhabani Kishore and Ram Kishore. Of Ram Kishores four sons, Jitendra Kishore and Bhupendra Kishore were very fond of drama and music.
The first revolving theater of the subcontinent was established in Bengal in 1352 on the initiative of Bhupendra Kishore. It was named Rangpith. The carved house on the north side of the arena is the Rajarajeshwari Puja Mandapa. As well as west of a large field beyond the arch .Three palaces. The southern building is called Shashikanta Palace which is currently being used as the building of Shaheed Smriti Mahavidyalaya. The middle building is Atani Hisabari. It is now preserved as an antiquity.
The northernmost building is Sridhar Hisabari which is being used as an Armed Police Training Center. The last zamindar of the Muktagachha zamindar family was Raja Jiveendra Kishore Acharya Chowdhury, grandson of Jagatkishore Acharya. After the abolition of zamindari system, he moved to India. The sweet mandar of Muktagachha has a good reputation in the country. Gopal Pal, a Moira from the village of Tarati in Muktagachha, started making this special sweet here in 1824. His family still prepares manda for five men. Gopal Pals shop in Thana town .You can buy from Manda. It takes 30-40 minutes to go to Muktagachha by bus or tempo from Mymensingh city.
The zamindar house is located at Gauripur, about 30 km from Mymensingh. The house is now used as a branch of the Upazila Parishad. The house belongs to Shrikrishna Chowdhury, one of the members of the former Mymensingh zamindari. It is known that during the reign of Murshid Quli Khan he settled here in 1617-1828. It takes 50 minutes to 1 hour to go by bus from Mymensingh city.
Shrine of Birangana Sakhina in Kumari village of Sattaha union of Gauripur upazila. Sakhina was the daughter of Umar Khan, the Mughal ruler of Tajpur. From an early age, he learned swords and horsemanship from his father. When Sakhina grew up, she fell in love with Firoz Khan, the grandson of Isha Khan of Jangalbari in Kishoreganj. Umar Khan became angry. Then Feroz Khan campaigned against the fort Tajpur and defeated Umar Khan and got Sakhina. But later Umar Khan captured Feroze Khan with the help of Mughal forces. Sakhina goes to war against her father in the guise of a man to save her husband. Sakhina also defeated her father. Meanwhile, Feroze Khan sent a false divorce letter to Sakhina thinking of protecting Jangalbari from the hands of enemies. Sakhina fell from her horse after seeing the divorce certificate sent by her beloved husband and died on the battlefield. He was buried there.
There is a crocodile breeding center at Hatiber village, about seventeen kilometers away from Bhaluka Upazila Sadar of the district. The commercial crocodile breeding center has been set up by a private company in an area of about five and a half hectares. The farm started with 75 crocodiles a few years ago. Currently the number of crocodiles here is much higher. You can take any bus from Dhaka to Mymensingh and get off at Bhaluka and from there you can go by rickshaw or tempo.
Old zamindarbari near Ramgopalpur station on Mymensingh-Kishoreganj road. The house was built about 200 years ago by Srikrishna Chowdhury, the zamindar of Gauripur. Lovely lion gate at the entrance of the zamindar house. If you enter inside, you will see the Natmandir at the beginning. The huge lake on the south side of the house is known as Gangasagar. There is also a pool called Goldighi inside the house where women used to bathe. Then again a small archway and a two-storied palace inside. You can take a bus from Mymensingh.ময়মনসিংহ থেকে এখানে বাসে যাওয়া যায় ।
Abdul Jabbar Memorial Museum
The Abdul Jabbar Memorial Museum is located at Pachua village in Gafargaon upazila of the district. Abdul Jabbar, his wife, came to Dhaka in February for the treatment of his mother-in-law who was suffering from cancer. He was admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital on February 20. On 21 February a large gathering of students was held at the premises of Dhaka Medical College demanding the state language Bengali. Abdul Jabbar also joined the rally to demand the right to mother tongue. Police opened fire when the students marched in violation of Section 144. Abdul Jabbar was martyred along with a few others. The museum has been built in Pachua to preserve his memory.
A memorial built in memory of the martyrs of 1971. The memorial was built by the district administration near the Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge at Shambhuganj, just outside the city. In the center of the memorial is a rifle. The 50 feet high pillar stands in the shape of a torch. The murals on the four walls around the monument depict the language movement of 1952, the education movement of 1966, the mass uprising of 1969 and the 1971 war of independence